We believe that full integration of responsible investment principles can help create better investment outcomes.
Stonepeak considers the integration and practice of responsible investment principles to be inextricably linked to investment outcomes. The firm believes that Environmental, Social & Governance (“ESG”) integration can strengthen both the understanding and mitigation of investment risks and lead to the identification of value creation opportunities. Stonepeak’s core values — intellectual honesty and integrity, independence of thought, transparency and long-term thinking — serve as the foundation on which the firm’s approach to responsible investment is built. Stonepeak is a Principles for Responsible Investment (“PRI”) signatory and recognizes the value this common framework and set of expectations provides the firm’s investors, portfolio companies and other stakeholders. The firm actively engages its portfolio companies on ESG issues and serves as a responsible steward of its investors’ capital in accordance with the PRI’s six principles:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Find more information in Stonepeak’s 2020 ESG Report and . 2020 Global Renewables Fund Impact Report